At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data with integrated open source tools. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.What we're looking for
We are looking for a Software Engineering Tech Lead - Security and Compliance who will be a working engineer that leads a single team of 3 - 5 engineers. Tech Leads are responsible for building an engaging team environment, providing technical mentorship, and leading technical projects.
At Civis we build software products for teams of Data Professionals. Civis Platform, our flagship product, makes cutting-edge machine learning and data warehousing techniques available to a broad audience. Civis Tech Leads exhibit sound judgment, ownership, and autonomy. At Civis, you will be responsible for making important decisions about technology, architecture, priorities and project staging. You will play a critical role in making Civis a great place to build great software products.Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, DevOps engineer, or similar role, including experience taking a leading role in significant technical projects
- 2+ years of experience dealing with information systems security and compliance for SaaS applications
- 1+ years leading teams of engineers
- Experience working with either AWS or GCP services such as compute, databases, VPCs, networking, permissioning and storage
- Experience with containerized code deployment (Kubernetes, EC2, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience building team culture and engineering processes, especially on high growth teams
- Experience working in a scrum or agile development environment
- Love of problem-solving and a demonstrable ability to self-start
- Exemplification of an eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
- US work authorization
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent certification
- Experience with compliance framework such as SOC 2 Type 2 and/or FedRAMP
- Significant experience with any of the following:
- Project management, roadmapping, and KPI reporting
- Database design and optimization
- Automated software testingContinuous Integration and Deployment
- ReactJS, Angular, and Go are a bonus
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech organization focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW