Software Engineer Specialist - Java at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
As a Software Engineer you could work with bleeding edge technology as you build innovative fintech products that change the way the world pays, banks and invests. This will involve developing core versions of software applications, identifying client requirements and technical specifications, interacting with engineering groups and training clients on applications.
About the team:
Support the Merchant Fraud & Disputes team in developing fraud detection and mitigation solutions, and efficiently processing and insulating our merchants from disputes processing. Develop new value-added solutions to support merchant operations.
What you will be doing:
- Leading sprint teams in their design and development activities, ensuring FIS standards are met.
- Designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements.
- Interacting with product managers and users to define requirements and modifications.
- Participating in software design meetings to determine technical requirements.
- Working with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams.
What you will need:
Bachelor's in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience with end-to-end systems development life cycles and standards.
- Knowledge of financial industry practices, regulations and operations.
- Fluency in sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines.
- Extensive experience with Java based development tools
Added bonus if you have:
- Any experience developing Angular, Ionic
- Experience with cloud migrations or cloud technologies
- Any experience developing/architecting public cloud hosted backend service with AWS/Azure
- Any experience developing/designing microservices architecture in Java, SpringBoot
- Any experience developing even-driven based solutions with Kafka/or similar
- Good to have experience with AWS serverless and managed services
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech• Always-on learning and development• Collaborative work environment• Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.