Software Engineer, Software Development Practices at Argo AI (Remote)
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Software Development Practices team is responsible for the tools and workflows that maintain the quality of Argo’s source code and documentation. We find innovative ways to apply software development best practices, encourage high-quality code, and generate amazing documentation.
As a member of the team, you’ll keep a close eye on our evolving coding standards and practices, and work towards painless ways to implement them. You will work closely with other engineers to understand how they implement Argo’s software development practices, then help find ways to help make that implementation faster and simpler – this can mean writing tools, improving infrastructure, or whatever else is necessary. You will need creativity, initiative, attention to detail, and a deep desire to dive in and make things better for your fellow engineers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and maintain tools and workflows that let engineers easily apply best practices and coding standards for software development
- Build and maintain tools to generate amazing documentation, and new ways to interact with it
- Simplify and automate complex engineering processes to work quickly and reliably at scale
- Engage cross functionally with other engineers to understand workflows and explore ideas about how to improve them while maintaining high standards of rigor and safety
- Apply testing methodologies at the component, application, and API layers
- Work closely with your teammates to brainstorm approaches to problems
- Design and implement useful data visualizations and/or metrics to communicate progress
- Work in cooperation with other teams at Argo to use and improve common infrastructure
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Excellent technical communication and collaboration skills
- Strong skills and deep knowledge of either Python or C++, and an interest in best practices for that language
- A great attitude, a passion for supporting your fellow engineers, the creativity to come up with new approaches, and the initiative to make it happen
- Ability to deliver and support high impact, reliable work in fast moving environments
- Strong abilities in some combination of C++, Python, SQL, and various cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc). You certainly don't have to be an expert in everything, but you should be willing to quickly learn and adapt new or unfamiliar technologies
- A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and performance is helpful
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.