Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, simulation based testing is a core part of daily life and runs at a massive scale. We in the Virtual Test Tools (VTT) team own this overall capability and are responsible for its design, implementation, and stability. We pride ourselves with providing best-in-class tooling and infrastructure to Systems Engineers, Autonomy Developers and Test and Verification Specialists. We collaborate with this diverse set of stakeholders, and play a central role in shaping Argo’s validation concept. Our products test the autonomy stack by enabling the replay and re-simulation of fleet logs, the injection of faults, the quick creation of scenarios, and the efficient running of simulations that are equipped with multi-fidelity models.
Within VTT, the Virtual Test Applications (VTA) team owns the tooling used to define and execute interactions in the simulation. We combine models and infrastructure into the simulation platform that exercises the system under test. This includes multiple capabilities, such as test creation, configuration and test result analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with key technical stakeholders around the organization to provide simulation features that incorporate and exercise SUT capabilities.
- Create advanced tooling to generate simulations that explore and test the operating parameter space
- Provide user interfaces and tooling to allow users to quickly and efficiently configure, create, and analyze simulations.
- Contribute significantly to our C++ code base, taking personal ownership of the implementation of our system
- Collaborate on and review code generated by the team, maintaining the stability and test coverage of your team’s code
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10 years software development experience with a significant amount of that time spent writing modern C++ code
- Experience developing and testing multi-process, multi-threaded systems, and multi-process communication
- Experience developing, testing or validating high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include hardware and software components
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly and articulate them clearly
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates
Nice to haves:
- Software development experience using python
- Experience with modern tools for software development/deployment (git, Bazel)
- Experience using AWS S3, EC2, RDS and VPC (or equivalents in GCP and Azure)
- Experience with graphic user interfaces and 3D graphics (openGL, OpenSceneGraph, QT)
- Experience with CI / CD systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Software-in-the-Loop Simulation, Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation and/or Hardware Virtualization Environments
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.