Software Engineer, Search Infrastructure at Moveworks (Peninsula or Remote)
We are looking for search infrastructure engineers who are passionate about building and optimizing scalable indexing workflows, machine learning based ranking platforms, as well as enterprise knowledge graphs. At Moveworks, we build search technology to answer enterprise users’ tech questions instantly, by combining modern information retrieval methodology with the latest advancement in natural language understanding. Our search has to be highly abstract and applicable to heterogeneous knowledge data sources; our search has to be highly customizable towards diversified needs of our enterprise customers; our search has to be performant while powered by sophisticated machine learning models. These goals can only be achieved with a strong search infrastructure and you will play a crucial role in this focus area.
We’re building a team that indexes on moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with product, user experience, customer success and other engineering teams to identify, define and build elegant solutions.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like Snowflake, Slack, DocuSign, LinkedIn, Instacart, Illumina, Epic Games, Hearst Media to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!What you’ll do:
- You will design and build scalable indexing systems, and machine learning model serving platforms.
- You will profile and optimize system performance of retrieval and ranking systems.
- You will develop tools, processes and metrics to measure and monitor search quality.
- You will identify, create and/or transform search features to meet the product requirements.
- Hands on experience in building machine learning based search, recommendation, or social network systems.
- Academic or work experience in distributed systems, software engineering or data engineering. It’s ok to have no prior academic experience in machine learning or information retrieval.
- First-hand experience in building, scaling and supporting large scale data infrastructure systems in production.
- A BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in NLP or Information Retrieval related fields.
- Experience in Golang.