As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA. Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Develop and maintain core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading platform
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Improve performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability applications
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product roadmap accomplishments
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Proficiency in C, C++ strongly preferred
- Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritize tasks
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
Nice to have
- Familiarity with docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed systems, SQL, Kafka
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 210 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description