Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails (Remote) at Versapay
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:05 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 27, 2022
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is focused on transforming accounts receivable efficiencies and accelerating companies’ cash flow by connecting AR teams with their customers over the cloud. Through the Versapay Network we make billing and payments easy for buyers and sellers, reducing costs and eliminating paper, checks, and manual business processes. Check out how our product works here!
Since Versapay’s inception in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 8,000+ clients and 500,000+ users driving $10 billion in payment volume annually. Versapay goes beyond simply automating back-office AR processes to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Our clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships. Over 80% of our clients’ customers are embracing the online services available through the platform.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll make an impact here – and on your career:
Product development at Versapay is organized around squads, each including a Product Manager, engineers, QA, etc. and responsible for a collection of products and features, with others focusing on architecture, integrations, scalability, etc. So we’re looking for someone who can be hands-on designing and developing high-quality state-of-the-art software with a smart, collaborative team. Oh and you can check out ‘things’ in our stack here: https://stackshare.io/versapay/arc
What you'll do:
- You’ll design, develop, and test product features that meet our business and technical requirements on time and on budget.
- Once comfortable with our stack and infrastructure, shift gears to support planning, scoping, design and implementation of new features.
- That means estimating methodically based on iterative learning (setting realistic deadlines that drive effort but also good work habits).
- Triage and correct performance and/or data integrity concerns by reviewing and evaluating code, data patches, system logs, and process/memory/disk consumption utilization.
- Collaborate with product analysts, customer care, DevOps, and other engineers on features and support cases, and as you continue to develop, support technical decision making, leading and supporting work that affects more and more complex systems and critical areas of our application
- Critical R&D to help us continue to design for scale and reliability as we grow (and we’re growing)
- And grow! Both yourself and support the growth of others, spurring meaningful discussions around complex and technical issues and contribute to our high-performing delivery culture.
What you'll bring to the team:
- You’ve got a background in computer science, engineering, and/or mathematics with +5 years of experience in software engineering under your belt. Also having written software in an agile test-driven culture that has shipped to market.
- You’ve got a strong knowledge of and practice in a variety of technology spanning, algorithms/data-structures, languages (e.g. Ruby, Java, React.js, SQL), and benchmarking tools/techniques.
- You’re personable and approachable – after all, working across cross-functional teams, people will be looking to you for your expertise
- But you’re able to work independently, heads-down at times, so a strong sense of ownership and accountability is key.
- You don’t shy away from detective work and problem solving (even when the answer isn’t obvious); finding solutions to problems excite you and you’re comfortable with the unknown and ambiguous.
- You’re analytical and able to look at situations from multiple vantage points to make data-driven decisions and solve real problems.
- You’re able to deliver communications that are clear, concise and effective, both written and verbal to get your ideas across and get buy-in if needed.
- If you’ve got experience in the Payments Industry and/or PCI/DSS, consider that a strong asset.
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, all interviews will be conducted using Zoom.
More Information on Versapay
Versapay operates in the Software industry. Versapay was founded in 2006. It has 304 total employees. To see all 2 open jobs at Versapay, click here.
Read Full Job Description