As the Software Engineer, you will be a part of an interdisciplinary team that creates stellar data-driven cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspects of a project. We process billions of events every day using Scala, Python and Apache Spark and variety of AWS and Azure services. We are building a new product offering which will require skills across the development stack from UI to backend data storage & processing. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting fully cloud based solution and shape a new product area.
- 100% of time spent on actual coding, refactoring and improving our solution
- Contributing to the technical design and implementation of practical, maintainable project solutions
- Participating in design reviews and recommending improvements
- Providing support in all phases of SDLC
- Collaborating with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing tasks within deadlines
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience with Java or another high-level language. Bonus if you have experience with Scala, Python and/or Golang.
- Knowledge of Big Data stack of technologies, including Hadoop and Spark would be a plus
- A truly strong background in the computer science and general programming
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems would be a plus
- Proficiency in Linux/MacOS environment as development platform
- Experience deploying and utilizing cloud-based services using AWS or Azure is a plus
- Must have solid Linux skills including shell commands, shell scripting
- Some basic understanding of PowerShell would be beneficial
- Solid experience in testing methodologies, test-driven design and the creation of effective and reliable test cases
- Excellent team skills
When you're one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we've been helping marketers from the world's top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon's best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.