Software Engineer (Remote) at Vacasa (Portland, OR)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
What we're looking for
Vacasa is looking for a senior engineer who places high value on software craftsmanship, mentorship, and healthy interpersonal engagement to join our team focusing on a mission critical service.
The Reservations team owns the full lifecycle of our mission critical Reservations API. We develop, test, deploy, and support the service. We are completely in AWS which allows us to take advantage of leading edge technology and services so we can stay focused on building value for our business. Due to the well thought out service/domain boundaries within Vacasa, we enjoy a great deal of autonomy to decide our architecture, technology stack, and release cadence. Leveraging Agile/Scrum methodology, we release tickets almost every day to production! No multi-hour, middle-of-the-night, big-bang, releases here at Vacasa! We work within a highly positive and collaborative environment, both within the team and with other teams. We truly value work life balance and are committed to the professional development of our team members.
What you'll do
- Participate in the design and building of high quality solutions on AWS Cloud in a fast moving environment
- Utilize your Python programming skills and basic knowledge of cloud services to implement highly scalable and reliable solutions
- Collaborate within the team’s codebase, authoring PRs and reviewing other team members’ PRs
- Utilize DevOps tools and best practices to implement highly automated deployment pipelines
- Participate in and help build a collaborative, productive team culture around product-focused goals
Skills you'll need
- Minimum three years of professional experience
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code that places maintainability over cleverness
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience writing automated test suites (unit, functional, and integration)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code Experience with Agile (Scrum) software development processes
- Experience building applications and services in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- $100k - $130K
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.