Software Engineer - React at Boomtown! (Charleston, SC)
| Charleston, SC
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:00 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
What is BoomTown?
We are 600+ doers, makers, and trailblazers on a mission to make real estate agents successful. The software and solutions we build, and the services we provide, help top agents and brokerages (95,000 clients and counting!) generate leads, manage their marketing, close more deals, and run a better business. Our platform includes customizable websites, success management, a cutting-edge CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system with marketing automation, personalized advertising and lead generation services, and a mobile app as well as other products for Transaction Management, esignature, accounting and back office. We go much further than technology too. Dedicated teams offer lead qualification services and digital marketing, and our client success teams provide personalized support at every step: onboarding, training, coaching, and planning for strategic growth.
Boomers are a special breed, and we are built on a set of values that are at the core of everything we do. One of these is to Create Amazing Experiences, and that doesn’t just apply to our product. We’re dedicated to driving connections and improved quality of life for our employees, our clients and our communities. Our leadership team is on a crusade to foster flexibility, innovation, and ample opportunity for growth.
We offer so many ways to connect with other Boomers through shared interests and community outreach, and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, discretionary PTO, and a quarterly wellness reimbursement towards health and fitness to help keep you energized and inspired. Oh, and if you're local to Charleston, did we mention our Corporate HQ is also dog friendly!? If this sounds like the type of culture you’re looking for, we’d love to speak with you!
BoomTown is looking for a Software Engineer who has a passion for all aspects of software development. As a developer on the team, you provide the web services, user interface, messaging systems, data stores, and other systems our teams need as part of a project. You’ll be charged with continuously enhancing and reinventing tools for BoomTown’s platform.
We are looking for people that like to collaborate and want to be involved in shaping all aspects of the product as they grow. This is an amazing opportunity to grow your career in development!
This position has the opportunity for 100% remote work (or in-office in our Charleston HQ if preferred)
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of products: from technical designs, to implementation, testing, documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- Work closely within a cross-functional Agile development team to build and improve products and features for BoomTown’s software platform
- Understand product descriptions for new features and how they fit into the greater BoomTown system while learning how our customers use them
- Take initiative on assigned day-to-day tasks and keep pace with the team to get the job done while knowing when to ask for help
- Stays abreast of advancements, trends and future directions of the industry in the area of responsibility
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience / training
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on public, high-traffic websites in a professional environment
- A deep understanding of at least one modern object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of CSS3 and ability to work with SCSS
- Professional experience with PHP
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress preferred)
- Experience writing and developing custom WordPress plugins
- Experience with relevant testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Jest, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience identifying and implementing optimizations for high-performance websites
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Webpack, TypeScript and Docker
BoomTown is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More Information on Boomtown!
Boomtown! operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Tiburon, CA. Boomtown! was founded in 2006. It has 338 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Boomtown!, click here.
Read Full Job Description