Software Engineer (React Node/TypeScript focus) 100% Remote at Pluralsight
Are you a flexible, full-stack developer who enjoys diving into challenges every day? We are looking for an outstanding software engineer with a learner's mentality, who works well on a team and has excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Pluralsight is looking to build creative solutions with third-party vendors for our customers, on our Certifications team, and would love a collaborative engineer comfortable with crafting custom integrations to join us on our journey.
We value innovative thinking, proven problem-solving skills, and team communication. We are fully remote so effective communication is key to our success!
You'd be a great fit if you have:
- 2 or more years' experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with Postgres or another relational database
- Experience building back-end APIs and services
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platforms
- Experience in data modeling and/or data architectures
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems (such as RabbitMQ or Celery) or event streaming platforms (such as Kafka)
- Experience working on ETL data pipelines (such as Airflow) - nice to have
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic - nice to have
- Experience with database and query performance tuning - nice to have
Ways we work:
- Test-Driven Development - we take responsibility for our code without QA engineers
- Pair and Mob programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to production every day
- Kanban & Lean - continuous flow
- Continual improvement - we take time to improve our skills and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & development choices
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product development process
- Data driven - we are experiment driven
- A critical thinker who is experiment driven.
- A supportive and engaged team member, able to express complex information to a variety of consumers.
- Able to distill complex ideas into straight forward language.
- Passionate about data and innovation
- Able to work in normal business hours in the Central / Eastern Time Zone