Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
Software Engineer, R&D
Veda is seeking a forward-thinking technologist to join our R&D team as Python Engineer. We iterate quickly in a multi-account cloud architecture, with numerous data sources and models – that’s where you come in. Reporting directly to our Lead R&D Engineer, this newly created role will focus on visionary projects, researching technologies and developing solutions that will impact on our growing product portfolio. Our ideal candidate is a rigorous problem solver who embraces new challenges.
About the Position:
- Support a variety of projects to inform our products, identify gaps in performance, develop new algorithms, and prototype new features
- Rapidly prototype proof-of-concept features for new and existing products
- Perform ad-hoc queries and analyses to answer questions about data quality and availability
- You are technically curious and seek opportunities to solve messy, complex problems with real-world data
- You have working knowledge of data processing, parallelization and performance improvements including Pandas, SciPy and NumPy, or other toolkits
- You have direct experience in software build, deployment, version control, configuration and testing of applications using modern best practices
- You have experience working with AWS cloud architecture such as EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, and machine learning operations in general
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world
- You like to work collaboratively with developers, data scientists and UX teams to improve the quality and resiliency of the products you’re releasing
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on good technical writing
- 6+ years of Enterprise level software development experience with at least 2 years of demonstrated hands-on software development projects in Python are required
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Knowledge of virtualization and/or containerization strategies and technologies (Docker, VMWare, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience working in a scaling, high growth start up is preferred
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the veda team today!
Read Full Job Description