Software Engineer (R&D Innovation) at Match Group (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:07 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 23, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Hello! We are +1 Labs, an internal innovation and research and development (R&D) team tasked with a focus on strategic innovation within Match Group (mtch.com).
Our team incubates new and promising ideas while working with other Match Group brands like Tinder, Hinge, Match, and others to empower innovation across our portfolio of products.
We are looking for an entrepreneurially driven developer to help us build the next “big thing” for Match Group. This is a chance to make a real impact on how millions of people connect and form meaningful relationships across the world.
***We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for highly qualified candidates who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so)***
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work in our Dallas office as a part of our R&D team.
- Build new dating and social applications. You’ll leverage your programming expertise to add features to existing platforms and guide new concepts from the idea phase all the way to release.
- Closely collaborate with Product, Design, and other engineering teams.
- Participate in architecture and design for greenfield projects.
- Impact and influence the product directly. The best ideas – from any source – are welcome.
- Take part in research that will directly impact the strategy of Match Group going forward.
We could be a match if you have:
- 2+ years of professional software engineer experience.
- Good knowledge of software development best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to write readable, testable code.
- Understanding of the value of unit tests.
- Familiarity with common software design patterns.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages (esp. C#, Kotlin, Ruby, Swift).
- Experience building secure and scalable web APIs.
- Experience working with databases (esp. PostgreSQL, Cassandra).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with Pub/Sub queues (esp. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android).
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small, nimble team that iterates fast and ships often to bring new dating products to our users (more startup vibe than big company!).
- We're constantly trying to reimagine human connection by embracing new technologies, anticipating changes in the global digital zeitgeist, and unlocking new and exciting ways to bring people together.
- We’ve helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- Drinks and snacks are on us every single day.
- We attend industry conferences.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 37 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description