We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the quickly growing Machine Learning team that is primarily working on various supervised and reinforcement ML problems. You will be responsible for designing and developing the infrastructure, APIs, and consumer-facing tooling to automate the training of ML models and their integration using the CI/CD approach.
The ideal candidate will have software engineering expertise and experience in introducing concepts that permit fast, confident, iterative releases of software in a high-scale environment. You will work on solid architecture designs focused on quality, scalability and performance. While ML experience is not strictly required, knowing the basics of ML model development would be a plus.
You will have a chance to work with product teams of over 200 engineers, collaborate, share experience, inspire and mentor software developers. We are passionate about maintaining a positive, collaborative culture - one where everyone has an opportunity to grow, challenge themselves, and make great things happen.
What You’ll Do
- Create infrastructure to automate the analysis and labeling of data for ML; to train and evaluate the state-of-the-art models; deploy scalable Web services to host them
- Integrate ML services into existing or new applications using the CI/CD approach
- Maintenance of ML models in production environment (monitoring, retraining, performance optimizations, etc.)
- Follow and improve efficient Agile CI/CD processes
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback on design decisions
What We’re Looking for
- 5+ years of full-stack development preferably in a startup engineering environment using various programming languages
- 2+ years of K8S design and administration. This includes:
- Kubernetes control plane, CNI, Security and Compliance
- Kubernetes workload management - Load balancers, auto scaling, deployments
- Kubernetes cluster management - Helm, Rancher, K8S Infrastructure on Azure
- Kubernetes Observability - Container IQ, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Custom metrics and dashboards
- 2+ years of large-scale software and/or webservices deployment
- Experience working with cross functional teams (product, analytics, business leaders)
- Experience with high load websites or services, large datasets, and both functional and code complexity
- Able to deliver high performing, scalable applications
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Strong understanding of .NET frameworks, C# and data access technologies such as Entity Framework or ADO.NET
- Experience with JS/CSS/HTML and SQL
- Experience with design and architectural patterns and SOA design
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably a Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Promotes co-creation and encourages others to participate; works smoothly across all levels and departments
- Manages time and meetings effectively, properly leveraging managers' time
- A clear, concise, and candid communicator, able to promote discussion between team members
- Excellent interpersonal and service-oriented skills
- Proactively shares appropriate level of information across teams
- Actively listens to others and ensures they are understood
- Strong organization skills
- Passionate about making an impact in product, business, and technical innovation
- Comfortable making decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with ambiguities
- Self-starter who is action-oriented and leads by example
- High-level of accountability and acts an owner, develops effective short and long-term plans and goals
- Provides timely, effective and meaningful feedback that motivates others to improve performance
Why Join the Team
With 1,000 employees and a Glassdoor rating of 4.5 (Oh yes, check it out here!), we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
Data driven: Data decides, not egos
Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
Innovative: We 're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Time off throughout the year (paid and unpaid)
- Professional development support and encouragement
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free membership to dive into JA product
JustAnswer UA has adopted a remote-first work environment from all UA regions. Some teams do occasionally have the option to meet in-person for teaming, collaboration, or social events.
Our philosophy as a business is to put people’s safety and wellbeing first. In response to Covid-19, JustAnswer UA practices 100% virtual recruiting and onboarding processes.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.