Software Engineer Python Contract to hire [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote United States only (TimeZone EST | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90-$120h
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - long-term, ongoing project
United States only
As a Python Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of features and applications of the Technology Platform
across all brands globally.
- Development of software features
- Implement solutions following best practices
- Maintenance of technical products
Design Technical Solutions
- Design of technical solutions
- Documentation of technical solutions
Product Architecture Evolution
- Design product architecture improvements
- Implement product architecture evolutions
Maintain Continuous Integration Pipeline
- Implement and maintain test automation
- Maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Backend programing language required knowledge: Python is required, and C/C++
- Frontend programing language knowledge: ReactJS, CSS and HTML5
- Knowledge of development concepts: Multithreading programing, Asynchronous
processing, TCP and Serial communications, Queues and Topics, REST APIs, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
- Knowledge of modern databases, especially SQLite and Postgres, NoSQL database knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of modern technical architecture (hosted/cloud and distributed/on prem)
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, especially Scrum
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (unit tests, deployment tools etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Strong analytical and risk mitigation skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree
- Experience in mission critical software development
- Knowledge of retail and restaurant business, specially QSR is desired
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.