We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 70+(and rapidly growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
While we are focused on building out our three main hubs across Toronto, Boston & San Diego, we are open to remote applicants at the moment. Secondly, unfortunately, we do not provide sponsorship for any of our roles at the moment.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate to elicit, architect, document, and implement data engineering routines from raw storage to normalization to aggregation
- Work with data scientists to create data transformations for analytics
- Design for key issues like access management, cataloging, versioning, logging, and auditing as well as infrastructure necessary to support analytics use cases
- Design, document, and enforce policies as well as technical configurations regarding legal compliance and data governance in handling customer data including PII and PHI
- BS degree
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a Data Engineering role or similar
- Experience in data modeling and schema design
- Effective command of query design and optimization
- Experience using multiple cloud databases and services with a focus on AWS offerings such as s3, emr, rds, aurora, dynamodb, elasticache, neptune, kinesis, etc.
- Experience designing and automating ETL workflows using AWS services such as data pipelines, glue, and airflow
- Knowledge of different types of databases and when to use which (e.g. relational, document, key/value) as well as experience with particular implementations such as mysql, redis, cassandra, etc.
- Data modeling & SQL experience
- Distributed computing experience
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with health data specifications such as HL7 and FHIR and health code sets such as SNOMED, ICD-10, LOINC, and CPT
- Experience working in a regulated industry and meeting compliance requirements (e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, FDA, etc)
- Experience integrating with EMRs such as Epic or Cerner
- Familiarity with Amazon HealthLake
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory(pretty powerful stuff if you ask me!)
- A mission-driven environment where all 50 (and counting) employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO — We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions.
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.