Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
As a Software Engineer working on our product platform, you will build new services to extract and standardize cross-cutting product features, working in concert with our product and design teams. Your work will have a large impact turning single-point code into standard services accessible across teams and infrastructure. We expect you to be able to own technical projects and be passionate about writing scalable, quality code as well as mentoring and guiding other engineers in doing so. Our primary areas of responsibility include identity management, authorization and permissions as well as platform metadata management as we investigate new ways to integrate with both client and partner systems, with future work abstracting common platform functions in a similar manner.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
Who You Are
- B.S., or M.S., in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 4+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward functional service-based code.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other engineers and lead technical projects.
- Experience building scalable systems, designing and implementing internal software services - ideally in a microservice pattern - on a cloud platform.
- Ideally, you have experience with AuthZ/AuthN, SSO and/or IAM service implementation or integration.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.