COVID Update - ONE is a Remote-First company. Employees may continue working from home indefinitely or find shared working spaces. The experience of working 100% remotely feels the same as working from the office in all of the ways that matter: camaraderie, engagement, and opportunity.
The opportunityMore than half of American workers live paycheck-to-paycheck. Stuck in this cycle, they collectively lose over $120 billion each year on payday loans, bank overdrafts, and fees. We're transforming how people manage their money. ONE and Even have come together to create a single financial services experience that empowers members to get paid, spend, save, borrow, and grow so they can stress less and focus on what matters most. Together we will be ONE.
Product Software Engineers have full stack interest and background, work closely with PMs, designers, & analysts, and unblock themselves with practical solutions. You care deeply about quality user experience and visibility into product metrics. Product Software Engineers at ONE are highly technical, communicative, and emotionally intelligent.
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language/tool/technology.
- Server: Go, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS (S3, SQS, etc.)
- Work closely with other engineers to review and ship code. Our team is small but mighty, and we enjoy collaboration and partnering on hard problems.
- Build and maintain documentation. As a growing and remote organization, having the necessary docs are key to our success.
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique domain. We deal with real-world money movement, sensitive financial data at scale, and are creating novel financial mechanics with no real precedent. We also operate in a large codebase (currently, >500k LOC).
What you'll need:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Fundamentals of coding, data structures and web architecture.
- Some amount of experience building, shipping — and growing — non-trivial products & services.
- Passion for your craft, people and our mission. You value quality across code, communication, and culture.
- A desire to keep growing your skills, and an ability to learn quickly. We hire for slope, not just y-intercept.
What you'll get from us:
- The chance to work on a serious problem that affects more than half the U.S. population.
- A culture that gives you the time and space required to build great things.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and healthcare packages.
- 401(k) with 50% match on up to 6% of your salary.
- A $5,000 annual educational stipend to invest in your learning and development.
- A $500 annual stipend to use towards personal financial advice.
- A $100 monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- A 5-year exercise window on stock options after 2 years.
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that understands building a company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- 3 months bonding leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents. An additional 1.5 months of fully paid leave for pregnancy disability.
- A culture that gives you the autonomy you need to do great work, and the transparency you need to make good decisions.
ONE is used by people of all backgrounds, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their customers. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: [email protected] All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.