Software Engineer, Product Engineering (Omni) at OneSignal (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:59 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 7, 2022
OneSignal is a Remote First Collaboration Company, offering Remote work as the default option across the United States. We offer in-office experiences in San Mateo, CA and New York, NY.
Our blog contains more information about the OneSignal Engineering career ladder, our remote-first culture, and our compensation model. Our salary bands are available on AngelList.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Our Product Engineering group builds our main product interface (https://www.onesignal.com) and API. OneSignal is used by 1.5 million+ marketers and developers, and sends over 10 billion messages each day to billions of devices. Our small team’s work makes a massive impact. We tackle challenges at the intersection of engineering and product development, like notification authoring for over a dozen different platforms and multiple mediums (push, in-app, SMS, and email) and intelligent message delivery customized to each recipient.
We view software engineering as a team endeavor, and partake in fun and collaborative engineering practices like technical tea times, pair and mob programming, and hobby/game nights—including work-hour Game Times.
About the Team:Our Omni team is responsible for our new Journeys product and helps us realize our omni-channel vision. Our Journeys product is an easy-to-use visual workflow builder to automate messaging and guide users to their end goal. You would get to contribute to some of our newest features. This team works closely with cross-functional partners in product, design, marketing, product marketing, and support in a fast paced environment.
In a typical month, a Product Engineer at OneSignal might:
- Solve challenging business use-cases in a project with elegant, readable code and clear tests
- Launch and support features end-to-end that will be used by millions of developers around the globe
- Propose technical investments to make our systems faster, safer, more maintainable, or better in a way you’re passionate about—then drive it forward with your colleagues.
- Participate in code reviews and help in software architecture decisions
- Iterate with the Product team on product specs and designs, weighing in not just on feasibility but on opportunities driven by great tech.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years software engineering experience building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Strong proficiency with React, Ruby + Rails and/or Rust, or other modern frameworks with the desire to learn these technologies
- Ruby + Rails, or equivalent with the desire to learn Ruby on Rails at OneSignal
- A passion for mentoring interns or junior software engineers to achieve technical excellence together; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Experience breaking down medium-sized projects into easily understandable tasks and working with a team to drive projects forward
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems.
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
More Information on OneSignal
OneSignal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA. OneSignal was founded in 2014. It has 102 total employees. To see all 24 open jobs at OneSignal, click here.
Read Full Job Description