OneSignal is a Remote First Collaboration Company, offering Remote work as the default option across the United States. We offer in-office experiences in San Mateo, CA and New York, NY.
Our blog contains more information about the OneSignal Engineering career ladder, compensation model, remote-first culture, and our diverse team. Our salary bands are available on AngelList.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Our Product Engineering group builds our main product interface (https://www.onesignal.com) and API. OneSignal is used by 1.5 million+ marketers and developers, and sends over 10 billion messages each day to billions of devices. Our small team’s work makes a massive impact. We tackle challenges at the intersection of engineering and product development, like notification authoring for over a dozen different platforms and multiple mediums (push, in-app, SMS, and email) and intelligent message delivery customized to each recipient.
About the Team:
Our Integrations team is responsible for all of our 3rd party connections with market leading partners. We allow syncing of data and audience segments across providers such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Segment and more. Our team works to sync data into and out of OneSignal through performant, reliable and scalable systems.
In a typical month, a Product Engineer at OneSignal might:
- Solve challenging business use-cases in a project with elegant, readable code and clear tests
- Launch and support features end-to-end that will be used by millions of developers around the globe
- Propose technical investments to make our systems faster, safer, more maintainable, or better in a way you’re passionate about—then drive it forward with your colleagues.
- Participate in code reviews and help in software architecture decisions
- Iterate with the Product team on product specs and designs, weighing in not just on feasibility but on opportunities driven by great tech.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years software engineering experience building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, and familiarity with Go and/or Rust
- A passion for mentoring interns or junior software engineers to achieve technical excellence together; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Experience breaking down medium-sized projects into easily understandable tasks and working with a team to drive projects forward
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
More Information on OneSignal
OneSignal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA. OneSignal was founded in 2014. It has 102 total employees. To see all 31 open jobs at OneSignal, click here.
Read Full Job Description