Software Engineer, Platform at Sittercity
Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Sittercity, you will bring your knowledge of modern web technologies to architect and build a fast, responsive and intuitive web and mobile experience for our users. While we’re looking to bring on a multitude of engineers across all of our cross-discipline teams, or “squads”, this exciting opportunity focuses on a team dedicated to platform initiatives.
Our Platform Squad ensures our technology is modern while also building common services for our product squads. The platform squad has a technical focus taking on larger refactorings, common solutions, upgrades and developing tooling to make the lives of other engineers simpler.
Additionally, you will work closely with the Product Squads to improve and extend our platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and various stakeholders across the business to conceptualize and build new features.
- Brainstorm with fellow team members to estimate the feasibility and implementation strategies of deliverables.
- Work within Ruby on Rails and Go environments to maintain and extend our current applications.
- Design and develop API contracts to be consumed by stakeholder clients
- Architect and build robust software using modern web technologies.
- Mentor other engineers and help with code reviews.
- Participate in our on-call schedule that all engineers participate in.
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails and/or Go
- 1-3 years as a Software Engineer
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and teach
- Comfortable working with monolithic codebases while trying to refactor into a more modern service architecture
- Great communication and project management skills. We value well rounded engineers.
- Familiar with Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience with modern front end frameworks (e.g. React, Vue, etc.)
Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built In Chicago, we offer an inclusive, innovative, and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. You will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry leading parental leave
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Company events, social outings, and volunteer opportunities
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or familial status, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.