Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Platform Services team! The Platform Services team works on backend services that are used across the entire Addepar engineering stack. We write critical, performance sensitive code that the organization depends on when delivering customer-facing applications. As a member of the team you will be within a team of talented engineers and will design, implement, and roll out systems instrumental in Addepar's growth and global expansion.
Our areas of focus and expertise include:
- distributed systems (microservices, sharded computations)
- interprocess messaging and coordination (Kafka, Zookeeper, service meshes like Istio)
- observability (distributed tracing, logging, performance and application monitoring)
- build systems, test systems, cloud-native deployment suites
Who You Are
- 4+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Proficiency in object-oriented languages such as Java
- Proficiency in at least one cloud-native or messaging technology such as Kubernetes, Istio, containerization, Kafka, etc.
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational datastores
- Proficiency in CI/CD, monitoring, and logging systems
- Expertise in any of the above technical requirements is a huge plus!
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.