Software Engineer - Plat SRE at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Software Engineer in the Platform Engineering group.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to manage the operation of Twilio’s worldwide services and infrastructure to meet high availability, scalability, quality, and reliability goals. As a Software Engineer in the Platform Engineering group you will be developing and operating platform tooling to provide cloud computing resources to engineering customers.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER: You will develop, deploy, and operate Twilio platform services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines towards 24x7 availability, with high-performance, scalable, and zero-downtime releases in our AWS environment
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft best practices as runbooks and standard operating procedures to share knowledge goodness across teams
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we haven’t even thought of! You’ll need to recognize gaps in systems, services, and processes to achieve ultimate success
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You have the desire to collaborate across teams on best practices to build, test, and operate services at scale
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, specifically EC2.
- Hands-on experience with Terraform (or other forms of infrastructure-as-code), and Java.
- Exposure to large scale infrastructure deployments, autoscaling, infrastructure efficiency, and scalable fault-tolerant systems.
This role will be based in our Bogota, Colombia office.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.