Software Engineer, Pipeline Platform at Invitae (San Francisco, CA)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The mission for the Pipeline Platform team is to create an opinionated platform that all bioinformatics teams use to build their pipelines. We provide the runtime environment, infrastructure, and tools to support Invitae’s bioinformatics teams in the creation of new genetic tests. We address horizontal requirements like monitoring, alerting, security, and scalability at the platform level, which allows the bioinformatics teams to focus on delivering new tests to our customers quickly.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our pipelines need to be reliable, scalable, and easy to build. We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our Pipeline Platform team.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software systems on the Pipeline Platform.
- Balance feature development and technical debt.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and other team development activities.
- Support the team by continuing to learn and grow.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of experience building backend services and systems.
- Experience using the following technologies.
- AWS, Python, Kubernetes (container-based environment), observability/metrics/monitoring, Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience balancing operations, maintenance, and new projects in a pragmatic way.
- Knowledge of backend application architectures, APIs, and developer tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills especially across distributed teams.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Prior experience working with distributed, highly available systems.
- Prior experience moving workloads to the cloud.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
# LI - Remote