Software Engineer, Onboard Deployment (Backend) at Argo AI (Remote)
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
At Argo AI, the onboard deployment team provides a critical service for Argo’s operation of our self-driving fleets. The team creates the software responsible for producing the systems that manage that complicated deployment matrix across our fleet, ultimately securely getting the right bits onto the right vehicles in a timely and efficient manner. We are critical to everything that happens on a vehicle, from track testing to public road operations at scale.
As a member of the deployment team, you’ll have a front-row seat to the future of autonomous vehicles and play a critical role in moving humanity into the next era of safe and reliable transportation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the backend system for coordinating software updates on fleets of self driving vehicles
- Write robust, well-tested, and well-crafted code
- Engage closely with internal customers to gather requirements and write designs reflecting current business needs
- Provide off hours support for the teams production services and applications
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience building production REST and gRPC APIs
- Proficiency in Python
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience with one or more backend related technologies: Elasticsearch, Jaeger, Loki, Prometheus, or PostgreSQL
- Excellent communication and people skills: you will be working cross functionally with technical and non-technical users
Nice to haves:
- Experience with scaling cloud and on premise systems
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with configuration management and systems (i.e ansible, salt, puppet, chef)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.