Software Engineer - Microsoft Stack (100% Remote) at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As a member of one of our product teams, this person will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders. Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys, and upgrades.
Location: Remote (Must be based anywhere in the US)
Reports To: Product Team Leader
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida, and Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology-related field, or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 7-10yrs of overall experience specifically in object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, Web Services, and web pages preferably in ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Should be familiar with Systems Architecture and developer tools
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Important Note for Colorado-based talent(s):
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110k - $120k/year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers