Join the team as our next Software Engineer (L3).Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and Programmable Messaging is its biggest product. To keep pace with evolving messaging platforms, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Messaging Services team who is passionate about designing, developing, deploying and operating software solutions at scale, and wants to help Twilio deliver the best user experience for next-generation communications.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, design, and engineers.
- Build highly scalable and available services
- Build internal and public REST APIs and Event based systems used by all internal and external Twilio customers
- Constantly improve services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue
- Truly own the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, oncall, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
- Demonstrate strong engagement in the team setting
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of software development experience. Preferably in back end software engineering. Understanding and experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies is a must.
- Databases. RDBMS design and best practices (we use MySQL, but anything related is perfectly ok). Familiarity with key/value stores is also helpful.
- Scalable backend. You understand scalability challenges and the performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems.
- Some background of JVM languages.
- Cloud. You are familiar with cloud technologies and have experience in at least one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Testing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development.
- Operations. You like to own a domain end to end, including deploying and operating your services in production.
- Communication and collaboration. You have strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Kafka data pipelining would be a plus.
- Scala is a plus, but Java/Kotlin experience is fine. Python familiarity is helpful.
This role will be remote. Less than 5% travel is anticipated for this role.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $132,132.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in the Denver Metro area, is $109,824-$151,008.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]