Software Engineer - Marketplace at Uber
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The matching team is responsible for dispatching the best driver for the trip. We do this by building scalable real-time systems that analyze thousands of trip assignments every second to improve marketplace throughput. This team has a direct impact on Uber's growth and profitability by running the marketplace more efficiently, improving rider convenience, and driver utilization.
What You'll Do
- Design and deliver softwares and tools powering matching platform
- Analyze production data and metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Participate in periodic oncall rotations and be available for critical issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
- Experience with distributed systems and performance optimization
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.