Software Engineer (Marketplace) at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology problems around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
DigitalOcean’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) organization enables customers to easily build and deploy highly scalable applications and services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitively simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, and useful tutorials.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Marketplace team, you will be responsible for continuing to build the Marketplace. You’ll be a member of a team building an ecosystem of solutions with trusted partners to enable developers to design, build, test, deploy, and scale their ideas.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing the DigitalOcean Marketplace Platform
- Collaborating to build intuitive, delightful experiences for developers as they engage with DigitalOcean and partner products and services
- Designing backend services and authoring engineering design documents
- Developing backend REST/gRPC services, primarily in Go
- Developing test suites to ensure that our systems are working correctly and are built with a high level of quality
- Technical evaluation and integration of third party tools and services
- Running experiments to optimize user experience and increase adoption of Marketplace products
- Mentoring other engineers
- Collaborating with teams across DigitalOcean engineering to find improvements to our internal systems and clarify dependencies
- Finding emerging tools, trends and methodologies and showing the team how to integrate them into our existing systems and processes
- Technologies we use: Go, Ruby, gRPC, MySQL, Prometheus, Kubernetes
- Passion for shipping well-engineered applications
- Ability to navigate the complexity of distributed systems to operate them in production
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in building REST or gRPC APIs
- Experience or interest in learning Golang to build APIs (gRPC)
- Familiarity with building and deploying applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about your Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!