Boom Entertainment is a technology company that is fueling the biggest winners in sports betting and online gaming. Working with professional sports leagues, media companies, and leading casino operators, Boom provides technology and games to many of the biggest names in the industry -- including NBC Sports, Barstool Sports, Penn National Gaming, MSG Networks, NASCAR, 8AM Golf, Yes Network, and many more.
As a company, we are looking for driven dreamers who want to make an impact on this industry and the world. We want people of integrity who are both open to learning and willing to challenge the norm. We want people who are curious, reliable, empathetic, and obsessed with quality.
Boom is known for its innovative, accessible, and truly fun products, operating world-class free-to-play games and technology for our partners and entertaining more than 3 million sports fans. In addition, we’re hard at work creating casino and sports betting games for distribution to casino and sportsbook operators in the legal US and international iGaming markets.
If you want to join our team as a Software Engineer and build (legal) sports gaming and casino products for the next generation, please apply!
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and the leadership team to make technical decisions that solve real problems in a way that enhances our core capabilities
- Implement new game formats and social features by working across the presentation, server, event, and storage layers of our stack as necessary
- Optimize for performance and quality of end-user experience in the context of local execution, networked resources, and fully scaled operations
- Participate in roadmapping, daily stand ups, and ongoing discussions about best practices and the design patterns that are most appropriate for our use cases
- Develop an appreciation for the gaming vertical and participate in the design, testing, and evaluation of new products and features
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional work ethic and the ability to deliver well-vetted work on an ongoing basis
- Excellent collaborative skills, including written and verbal communication
- Experience with networking and client-server communication (REST, websockets, server-sent events)
- Experience with ThreeJS, Typescript, WebGL, GLSL Shaders
- Professional experience as a game developer or engineer on a B2C Product
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with solid academic performance
Why you should work here
- Positions are fully remote
- Uncapped PTO (please use them!)
- Flexible working hours
- Yearly all expenses paid retreat
- Quarterly contests and giveaways featuring prizes and swag boxes
- A $300 home office reimbursement
- Parental support (paid leave, childcare, and adoption benefits)
- Health, Dental, Vision+
- 401K Match & FSA
- Support for learning and development
What Boom promises you
We have a culture that values trust vs micromanaging. Each role has a high level of autonomy. We have an inclusive environment where you don’t have to change who you are. We encourage you to take time off without guilt.
Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!