Software Engineer (Java) at NielsenIQ
NielsenIQ BASES is the global leader and gold-standard for helping companies in the consumer goods industries to realize their growth strategies. BASES analytical SaaS products provide support to clients to create and evolve new innovations, optimize impactful advertising and messaging aligned with the widening range of consumer influences, build compelling package designs and help prioritize and plan product launches. Having decades of successful leadership across fast moving consumer goods, BASES is expanding into growth verticals including Restaurants, Tech, Household Durables, Consumer Electronics, and Gaming.
With best-in-class research, success prediction and volumetric forecasting models, NielsenIQ BASES is at the core of our clients' new product ideas, messaging, packaging and product launch strategies. Join BASES and you will work with industry leading brands, marketers, and cutting-edge technologies while seeing your work come to life. In BASES, you can. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking.Job Description
- Develop new and enhance existing single-page web applications and develop key system features.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to advance our SaaS platform and grow our business
- Serve as a developer on teams that will execute projects from beginning to end, including working with product management, gathering requirements, brainstorming solutions, building final applications and testing.
- Work closely with architects, and other teams to design and implementation cross functional requirements
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Write clean code. Keeping the code simple.
- Continuously test from end to end
- Follow community best practices and team SDLC guidelines
- Technical analysis
- Technical Implementation
- Technical Communication
- Solid time and project management skillset
- Learning business and technical subject matter
- Quality focused and detailed oriented
- Shows initiative
- Familiarity with Agile process
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Technical Design
- Business domain knowledge
- Influencing and team communication
- Effort estimation
Education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of software development / engineering experience
- BS in Software Engineering or related discipline
- Frameworks: Springboot, Grails
- Client-side frameworks: Angular, ngRx, HTML, CSS
- Experience with microservice development is a plus
- Experience in web application development
- Understanding of relational databases such as MS SQL Server
- Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with IaaS & PaaS from a cloud vendor is a plus. Azure preferred.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.