Software Engineer - Java at accesso (Orlando, FL)
| Orlando, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:17 p.m. (CST) on Monday, March 13, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Do you love building ⚙️ products people love? As a Java Software Engineer, you will work on a highly collaborative team to develop back-end services. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of advanced deployment mechanisms and continuous integration models, with experience scaling applications on a global level.
As a member of our Engineering Team, you'll have the chance to collaborate on exciting projects and find creative solutions to coding obstacles. Your curiosity to continue learning, as well as a knack for problem-solving 🧐, will be key to delivering innovative products to our clients and their guests, as our team members are always looking for new ways to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re looking for people who are passionate about their craft and are always looking for ways to grow and improve.
Location: United States; then, you choose what works for you! This role can be performed 100% remotely anywhere in the US, at one of our office locations in the US, or a hybrid version of in-office and remote.
Reports to: Manager, Platform Engineering
Travel ✈️ Requirement: None
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing and maintaining Java and Kotlin microservices
- Collaborating with other engineering teams that consume our APIs
- Ownership of the full lifecycle of services, including deployment and operation in production
- Participating in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions as part of our Agile development process
- Preparedness to code, collaborate and contribute
Technologies 💻 you may work with:
- Spring Boot
- Apache Kafka
- RESTful web services
- CI/CD tools
What you bring to the role:
- Have 3+ years of related work experience in Java
- Note: ‘years of experience’ may not always be the best measure for your ability to succeed in this role. If the below bullet points feel like you, please consider applying – even if you don’t have, say, 3 years in seat.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL), including writing complex SQL queries
- A strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Familiarity with XML and JSON
- Experience writing unit tests for Java applications
- You enjoy solving challenging problems on a global scale
- Take pride in the code that you write - quality first!
- Are willing to embrace an AGILE development methodology
- Previous eCommerce and/or ticketing industry experiences
- Experience/comfortability working in a Linux environment
⭐️ Bonus points if you have:
*If you don’t have all the qualifications listed, don’t worry! We understand everyone’s career path is unique, and still encourage you to apply if you feel this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Inclusive Family Benefits - access to end-to-end support for maternity, surrogacy, adoption, and fertility, with a $5,000 benefit toward surrogacy, adoption, and fertility;
- 4-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Four different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
Life at accesso:
At accesso, we believe that fun is a fundamental part of the workday! From our tech to our passion for attractions, we infuse fun into everything we do, and our culture is no different. We’ve created a virtual environment with no shortage of connection – so share memes and high fives 🙌 with teammates, or break up your day with virtual escape quests, “Online Office Olympics” and more! Work-life balance is important here too, so you’ll have flexibility in choosing the work setting and hours that fit your life best (so long as your work permits).
We believe that diversity is vital to innovation and that when we celebrate what makes each of us unique, we create a more inclusive environment where you can truly thrive🌱. Our people are our most treasured asset, and we are proud to have such talented, passionate and tech-savvy professionals on our team💚. We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all, and any hiring decisions will be assessed on qualifications, merit and business need. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at accesso.
Our team is on a mission to improve the guest experience with technology. We support some of the world's top attractions and leisure & entertainment venues 🏟🎡🎢🚢🎻 by creating innovative technology solutions that enhance the guest journey from start to finish. Currently, accesso® employs over 500 team members around the globe 🌎, many of whom come from the industries we serve. From ticketing and eCommerce to virtual queuing and more, we understand firsthand what makes our clients and their guests smile, and we’re constantly developing new solutions to enhance the guest experience while helping our clients streamline operations and drive revenue.
More Information on accesso
accesso operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Lake Mary, FL and Fresno, CA. It has 418 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 11 open jobs at accesso, click here.
Read Full Job Description