Software Engineer, Java - Pet Health at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy's Pet Health is on a mission to build innovative solutions for our pet parents and our partner vets, such as Pet Insurance, Practice Hub and Telehealth Service. Engineering plays a critical role in defining and executing our platform roadmap. We take the time to understand the "why" before we start shaping up the "how." We celebrate engineering successes and promote a blameless and continuous learning and improvement engineering culture. We set the bar high for delivering production-ready code by adopting CI/CD and DevOps engineering best practices. Our engineers are encouraged to contribute ideas and code to our own platform and to other partner teams.
As a Software Engineer on the Pet Health development team, you will build robust, resilient, and scalable platforms that will directly impact tens of millions of customers who care for their furry family members every day. You will be part of an agile team and own the design, review and development of high quality, performant, production-ready code with CI/CD processes to ensure speed and quality.
Skills we look for:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and scaling systems using Java
- Experience with frameworks like Spring Boot for RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience with building & deploying CI/CD pipelines and using cloud platforms
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or similar technical field of study preferred), or equivalent work experience
- Experience with AWS and/or similar cloud platforms
- Ecommerce and/or Healthcare experience
- Experience in frontend technologies and frameworks such as React, Angular or TypeScript
- Experience in Kubernetes and Helm Charts
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].