Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As a software engineer, you will work on the core systems that power the Invitae Cloud Platform. This internal platform allows our engineers to operate more efficiently and adapt to changes as our business continues to grow and evolve. Invitae engineers use this platform daily to develop, test, deploy, monitor, scale, and improve genetic software. Invitae relies on this platform to systematically enforce security, compliance, and best practices for their software products.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Build and maintain software systems in multiple languages; including Python, Go, and TypeScript
- Become an expert in cloud-native technologies; including Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Work directly with the Invitae Cloud Platform users to understand their underlying needs and modify the platform to meet those needs
- Work as a team to build the next iteration of tools, services, and applications that power the Invitae Cloud Platform
- Migrate users from legacy systems to the next iteration of tools, services, and applications, by writing and using automations
- Learn about the latest tools and practices used by the software industry to perform DevOps
What you bring:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with full-stack architecture and engineering
- A proven track record of learning new technologies and programming languages
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration
- Experience creating and managing infrastructure in a Cloud Provider; for example Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Provider, or Microsoft Azure
- A desire to operate with freedom and accountability. A willingness to take risks and ownership of those risks
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve crafted a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.