Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Technical Development team
Our Technical Development team is dedicated to the creation and testing of questions that are a part of the most predictive and fair technical interviews available to software engineering candidates. We are looking for software engineers that have a passion for how to accurately assess technical ability.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a software engineer that would rather work on directly crafting the questions asked during an interview and improving the way technical talent is assessed, rather than focusing on just writing code.What you will do
The Karat Content Development team is continually creating and improving our interview questions so we can help our customers build solid engineering teams. You will do this through research, exploring, and testing questions that will accurately assess talent.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
- Research and author new content assessment modules across a variety of subject domains
- Collaborate with program managers in Content Governance and Content Development to ensure the effectiveness and predictability of current and future skill assessments
- Own the content development process, from module authoring to testing to deployment
- Integrate feedback and iterate on question modules based on performance data and feedback from our Content Corrections team
- Work with our Solution Engineers to align on customizing company-specific requirements on appropriate new modules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience or strong interest in writing algorithms, data structures, object oriented problems or computer science fundamental questions or relevant coding questions
- Experience reading and assessing code quality
- Experience interviewing engineers at a variety of levels (college hire to leadership)
- Hands on contribution to writing technical assessment content strongly desired
- Experience and a knack for communicating technical work to partners
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience with development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and documentation
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].