Software Engineer Intern, Platform Engineering at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 13th
Platform Engineering is a new group at Mailchimp focused on maintaining and improving our core components with the goal of allowing our Product teams to drive innovation with confidence, speed, and consistency. We’re focused on eliminating toil and migrating our current products into Google Cloud. Right now we have three main initiatives, which include our batch job runner, events reporting pipeline, and audience data.
We are seeking a software engineering intern to help us with projects within the Job Runner functionality as well as some of our other on-going work. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of backend engineers, frontend engineers, and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
What you’ll do:
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects.
- Collaborate with team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You want to get experience in a software development environment, specifically within backend development.
- You are passionate about building great applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products.
- Bonus points if you have experience in PHP, GO, or Google Cloud.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.