Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are a team of passionate engineers who love solving complex distributed systems and infrastructure problems.
About The Team
- Modernizing Kafka to make it infinitely scalable, elastic, and globally replicated
- Building out best in class stream processing solutions like Kafka Streams and KSQL to perform rich, real time, transformation and querying of data in Kafka
- Revolutionizing how data pipelines are built through Kafka Connect
- Running all of the above in our very own elastic, scalable cloud offering
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Proficiency in Java or C/ C++
What Gives You An Edge
- Experience in open-source development, experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Interest in evangelism (giving talks at tech conferences, writing blog posts evangelizing Kafka)
- Experience working on stream processing technology or query processing systems
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
More Information on Confluent
Confluent operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA. Confluent was founded in 2014. It has 1682 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 195 open jobs at Confluent, click here.
Read Full Job Description