AK, AZ, CA, GA, HI, ID, IL, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OH, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY
For Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $120k and $150k. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit-sharing program depending on position.
BlackLocus is building cloud-based analytic tools to optimize and automate retail merchandising decisions such as pricing, assortment, space and fulfillment. By applying machine learning and revenue management techniques, the BlackLocus platform enables intelligent retail software to identify opportunities for competitive advantage. The company was a venture-funded startup, founded by Carnegie Mellon alumni and entrepreneurs with a passion for creative deployment of new technology. Acquired by The Home Depot in December of 2012, we operate with autonomy as a product lab from an office located in downtown Austin, TX.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
80%- Delivery & Execution: Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code; Establish best practices across development projects; Help take new products from prototype to deployment; Solve problems with production systems and automate operations as much as possible
Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack; End to end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity
20%- Mentoring: Mentor other engineers via design and code review
Nature and Scope:
This role reports to the Director of Engineering BlackLocus.
This role has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:ESSENTIAL SKILLS:Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience writing quality code in any language appropriate to the problem
- Experience collaborating with a diverse group of people.
- Knowledge in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience with technical design and can speak to reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs
- Experience with persistent data stores and their query languages
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience and self-education
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience with either Java or Python as your preferred language.
- Experience developing creative solutions to challenging problems in a self-directed, lean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to identify and document business requirements
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Ability to understand existing business processes and assist with efforts to (re-)engineer processes
- Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work and lead cross functional teams, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to lead multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
- Strong communication skills both written and verbalWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.