Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. As we have several openings across a few of our teams, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application.
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team.
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
- Foster an inclusive community on the team and at Mailchimp.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in backend development.
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects.
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices.
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others.
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
- You embrace our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.