Software Engineer III at Verisk (Remote)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
Grow your career by becoming a member of Extreme Events Solution's Software Development team. We are seeking an experience, motivated Full Stack Developer to participate in software development within an Agile team developing web and desktop applications. You will be responsible for work in all stages of SDLC, from reviewing requirements, to design, to develop and test, to deployment. We are looking for a candidate who can quickly pick up new technologies, respond quickly to change and adapt to changing requirements..
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Design and development of cloud-hosted web applications for insurance industry from high-level architecture and network infrastructure to low-level creation of site layout, user experience, database schema, data structure, work-flow, graphics, unit testing, an end to end integration testing, etc.
- Working from static application mockups and wireframes, developing front-end user interfaces and page templates in HTML 5, CSS, SAAS, LESS TypeScript, bootstrap, Angular and third-party controls like Kendo UI/Infragistics.
- Design and develop complex single page web applications communicating with REST API backends using Angular, React or similar technologies.
- Design and develop functional and responsive web applications by collaborating with other engineers in the Agile team.
- Develop REST APIs.
- Implement UI Automation along with development responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and database programming with any RDMS system.
- Strong problem-solving skills Fast learner and keen to learn.
- Excellent listening skills Good written and verbal communication skills Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity
About You and How You Can Excel in this Role
- B.S. in Math, EE, CS or Software Engineering; M.S preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in development of commercial-grade software products.
- 2+ years of working with Microsoft technology stack, C#, PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years of experience working with multi-tenant cloud native applications
- Experience in AWS Cloud is plus.
- Strong understanding of Agile process and best practices
- Strong knowledge of latest technologies and trends.
- Ability to develop use-cases from business requirements
- Ability to collaborate effectively with project stakeholders outside of Dev. group, especially with Product Management on feature requirements and project schedules.
- Ability to provide effective technical leadership and oversight to development team on a project, ensuring that software is developed in adherence to established architecture, design, quality standards, as well as delivery schedule.
- Knowledge and experience in GIS Software development is a plus. GeoServer, MapBox, OpenLayers, MapServer, Serverless GIS experience
Extreme event solutions at Verisk (formerly AIR Worldwide) provides risk modeling solutions that help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, Verisk founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, supply chain disruptions, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber incidents. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on Verisk’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, longevity modeling, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. Verisk’s extreme event solutions team is headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com. For more information about Verisk, a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services, please visit www.verisk.com.
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.