Software Engineer III (TC2168) at Research Innovations Inc. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:47 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 7, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Software Engineer to join our Tactical Command & Control line of business. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires an active US Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one.
This position is considered “covered” under Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. As a covered contractor, it is required that the individual hired to this role be fully vaccinated by their start date, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. If an employee requests a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief, RII will provide accommodations to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship on the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Derive and maintain a cohesive program software architecture based on customer requirements, customer interactions, subject matter expert inputs, system architecture artifacts, and business objectives
- Communicate development concepts to software developers, program management, and customer representatives during meetings
- Work with system engineering personnel to assess requirements, and to ensure consistency between system architecture and software architecture
- Use Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket collaboration and source control tools to communicate information
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS degree in related technical field and 8-12 years prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. May substitute BS degree for 4 additional years of related experience
- Experience in Java/ J2EE technologies (Swing, OSGi, Sockets, JPA, XML (DOM and SAX parsers)
- Experience with Windows (Processes, IPC, caching, Windows Registry)
- Experience with Windows Installer Utilities
- Experience with PostgresSQL (RDBMS, PL/SQL, Referential Integrity)
- Experience with Map Implementation (Worldwind, OpenMap, FalconView)
- Experience in C/C++ (Basic understanding of Dynamic memory management)
- In-depth experience in Ada programming(tasking(R-V), private types, generics, Interfaces)
- Experience / understanding of relational DB models and JPA
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced, development environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OSGi
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
More Information on Research Innovations Inc.
Research Innovations Inc. operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Alexandria, VA. Research Innovations Inc. was founded in 2009. It has 190 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 5 open jobs at Research Innovations Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description