Software Engineer III, Segment Storage at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Software Engineer III, Storage!Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to build high quality, modern solutions to delivering sophisticated engineering efforts and joining our focus to define the future of Customer Data Platforms. We believe in giving our customers control over all of the most important data for their business - customer data. It all comes down to one core belief: companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, without any fuss. This has been a core philosophy to how we’ve built our products from day one, and we’re excited to take this to the next level to fully realize this promise.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building a suite of storage and compute building blocks that form the foundation of a strong Customer Data Platform capable of processing billions of events per hour and beyond. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team.ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you’ll:
- Enabling efficient storage and management of customer data to power products like Segment Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Orchestrating customer data deletion and suppression to ensure Segment and our customers are compliant to regulations like GDPR and CCPA
- Building systems that route customer data to Storage Destinations like Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Providing a platform to accelerate Data Science and ML use-case on top of existing Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Enabling enrichment of customer data with data from various Object Cloud Sources like Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk and many more
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!Required:
- 5+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language.
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Proficient in concurrent programming.
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services.
- Proven grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing distributed systems at global scale.
This role will be Remote - US.
This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $165,400.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]