Software Engineer III - Integration Engineer at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
WellSky is seeking a Software Engineer III to join our team in building our next generation of healthcare solutions. We are on a mission to elevate healthcare through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry! Our users are on the front lines of healthcare, WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Performs all commercial software development duties, including but not limited to technical design, coding, and unit testing so that high quality commercial software releases are delivered to clients in a predictable and consistent schedule according to WellSky development processes
- Collaborates with solution team(s) to define requirements, conduct analysis, and solve problems
- Prepares technical documentation, conducts, and participates in code reviews to ensure that commercial software code meets internal standards and follows industry best practices and the highest quality
- Offer technical direction and guidance to other development team members and assist in managing development environments as well as installing and configuring commercial solutions
- Trusted to deliver solutions that follow best practices and established design patterns.
- Leveraging technology
- Attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge Sharing
- Problem Solving / Analytical
- C# development skills
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Nunit, Junit, Xunit, or MSTests
- Git experience
- In-depth understanding of development and design principles.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Understanding design patterns and development concepts.
- Experience with RestFUL API development
- Previous healthcare experience
- Proficient in debugging applications and performance tuning.
- Understands complexity of mismatched systems interactions and development
Additional Job Requirements:
Manage compliancy with WellSky HIPAA Privacy and Security Practices and all required regulatory processes.
Proficient Microsoft Office skills in Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer (laptop)
Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.