Who We Are
Babylist is the leading digital destination for growing families. For over a decade, Babylist has been the technology solution for expecting parents and the community that supports them, expanding from baby registry into a full-service platform that helps parents make decisions with confidence, stay connected and build happy and healthy families. Every year Babylist helps over 9M people make purchases through its registry, app, ecommerce shop and comprehensive product guides. The Babylist ecosystem now includes Babylist Health, which provides access to products and services including insurance-covered breast pumps, Expectul, a new voice in health and wellness for pre-pregnancy through postpartum care, and The Push, a branded content studio that works with the biggest companies in the baby space. With over 59M monthly pageviews and 1.2M TikTok followers, Babylist is a generational brand leading the $88 billion baby product industry. To learn more about Babylist’s registry options,editorial content and more, visit www.babylist.com
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Native iOS and Android
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for a bright, passionate Fullstack Software Engineer to join our Babylist Health team. Launched in October 2022, Babylist Health aims to provide a more user-friendly and transparent way for people to purchase a breast pump through insurance with incredible opportunities to broaden offerings for pregnancy, child, and new parent health in the future. This distributed team is responsible for scaling the technical systems and creating a user-friendly storefront that will support Babylist Health’s 2023 goals. You will also work on new strategic initiatives to expand the health offerings as we grow this business. As part of the team, you will lead business critical projects and you will make important decisions about how our systems grow and scale.
Who You Are
- A high-performing engineer with experience delivering end to end solutions that drive business growth
- You thrive in a quickly growing environment and are excited to lead business critical projects to unlock new capabilities
- You have experience testing, monitoring and running a production software system and are focused on continuing to grow your skills
- You are a talented programmer with React and Ruby on Rails experience and are excited about further developing your craft and quality of work
- You have a passion for identifying gaps in team processes or execution and love driving impactful improvements
- Past experience in e-commerce, healthcare payments, or consumer applications is a plus but not required
How You Will Make An Impact
- Build the systems that will scale Babylist Health to $100M in revenue and beyond over the next 3 years
- Become a subject matter expert within our health services. Help define how the services and features will grow and scale
- Work closely with our Product team to create new features in health including areas like product education and comparison tools, automating user support flows to scale our business operations, and expanding our offerings of goods and services provided via health insurance
- Share knowledge and expertise across the team. Socialize best practices/patterns in your areas of expertise with other members of the team
- Mentor team members through design and architecture planning, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions helping to grow and level up their skills
- You may have past experience working in small/medium sized startups and thrive on excitement of fast growth
- You are an emerging leader that is passionate about further growing your skills and the capabilities of the engineers around you
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is: $122,840.00- $175,750.00 USD
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.