Software Engineer II at PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Shared Services Development Team works on providing core shared capabilities that are used across the Network Platform. This includes java based micro-services that provide platform configuration data, coupon and voucher generation capabilities as well as shared libraries dealing with data abstraction and event publishing.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services and shared common libraries. In this role you will be creating and maintaining Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform. Duties include:
- As a member of the development team, design and develop high performance, scalable REST based micro-services and Java based shared libraries.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Use agile development methodologies, provide time/resource estimates
- Use AWS managed services during service development
- Prepare and execute unit and integration tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- May perform small feature design.
- Analyze operational requirements and configure monitoring capabilities for services.
- Support onboarding of clients to the services owned by the team
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Perform work assigned by others.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in software development and Java programming
- Experience developing web services using REST, JSON and XML
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS managed services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Step Functions)
- A drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members!
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- AWS knowledge/experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.