From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the role:
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We are looking for a Software Engineer II/III enthusiastic in joining a fast-growing company. You'll help build new features of our data pipeline service, help improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We're looking for people who want to learn the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer.
This role will be based in Oakland and will be a part of our Database connectors team, focusing on building Fivetran’s enterprise data connectors. You’ll be working on one of the highest growth potential products at the company and is already accounting for a large majority of revenue. This team works with a modern tech stack and is looking for engineers who want to be apart of a team that works hard and has fun.As a Software Engineer II/III, you will:
- Create and maintain database connectors to be part of a product portfolio enjoyed by customers of all sizes- from startups to enterprises
- Develop, maintain, and test code
- Contribute to the efforts to the maintenance and improvement of existing connectors; call for improvement in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation (8 AM to 8 PM)
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Able to define project requirements
- Proficient at designing software and infrastructure
- Java programming experience and Java performance tuning
- Works well in a team
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
- Database (Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, SAP, MySQL etc.) experience
- Experience in a product oriented company
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
- Experience working with agile processes and methodologies
- Experience working in startups or (or fast paced environments)
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.