Software Engineer II at WELL Health, Inc. (Remote)
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach for 2021 and 2022. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only bidirectional digital health communications solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging via the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, or telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration, and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, as well as being named one of Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#133). In 2022, WELL Health was recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In, and was named #41 on the Inc Regionals - Pacific list.
WELL is looking for a talented, experienced Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. This Engineer will primarily be working with Node.js. As an Engineer at WELL, you will work under the guidance of your Engineering Manager in a dedicated product team as well as cross functionally with Product, Design and QA.
You will work with the rest of the team to own, maintain, and grow your product in the code base. This will include supporting Node.js web facing APIs, writing SQL queries, automating interactions with partner APIs, and enhancing the core infrastructure that underlies our scheduled and realtime patient-provider communications capability.
In addition to being a strong engineer, you will have a keen interest in how software and modern communication channels can improve the patient experience. You will have world-class communication skills and empathy for your teammates. You will also have the attention to detail and quality needed to meet high Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a product that serves roughly 30+ million patients annually. You will also be flexible and adaptable enough to thrive in a fluid startup environment.
- Build new backend and maintain existing services using Typescript on Node.js, open source technology and tools including NestJS and Express.
- Drive quality by writing effective unit, integration and e2e tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Create high availability and high throughput systems using Redis, Postgres, Kinesis, S3, MongoDB, EventBridge and other AWS services.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, Client Success, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Opportunity to work with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform) and frontend (React) if desired.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in STEM, OR relevant technical experience
- 3+ years designing and implementing web applications in a professional environment
- High level of proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Experience working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Commitment to testing best practices
- Ability to deliver and receive code review feedback in a productive manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and make tradeoff decisions
- Ability to have a strong understanding of how technology decisions have an impact on the customer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be clear and articulate
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Leadership skills
- Experience with:
- Event sourced and microservice architecture
- Domain Driven Design
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, if you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area, we are open to candidates that are currently located within the United States and are interested in working remotely. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Health Instagram (@wellhealthinc) to hear from our employees about working at WELL.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.