Software Engineer II at ACIST Medical Systems (Minneapolis, MN)
This position will provide opportunities to learn alongside senior software engineering staff, and help shape the future of our diagnostic medical technology alongside a growing world-class global R&D team, learn advanced cardiology and radiology-oriented medical systems, advance in a technical career path, and enjoy the culture of a small privately held company with the backing of an international conglomerate
This position is responsible for designing and developing software for Bracco Medical Technologies' (BMT) global portfolio of medical devices. As a member of BMT's global R&D software engineering organization, receive coaching and mentoring from senior engineering staff while participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing in support of the development of medical devices and new product development.
This role includes opportunities to build proficiency as a software developer and learn to translate product requirements into code and document work to be compliant with the BMT Product Development Process (PDP) and Quality Management System (QMS). Additionally, this position will offer opportunities to develop communication skills, build proficiency at presenting information to the core product development team in a professional manner, and work cross-functionally with technical and other professional talent from various facilities and from diverse backgrounds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and in coordination with other team members to design, prototype, develop, and document software applications that are used in Medical Device software, with a strong focus on contrast injectors.
- Develop methods and algorithms that translate system and software requirements into code that can be deployed in BMT's medical devices.
- Actively contribute to the design and development of medical/patient care solutions and products that are suited for ease of manufacturing, assembly, and test (DFMAT) while meeting customer requirements.
- Work to identify design issues and risks in software and develop mitigations to address the risk.
- Implement deployment and update mechanisms for medical device operating systems and application software in medical devices.
- Work on connectivity aspects of medical device software with hospital information system.
- Work independently to develop documentation for all phases of product development, including design specifications, verification test plans, project schedules, software models, source code, and change orders associated with medical devices.
- Support test team with test automation efforts.
- Work closely with cross-function teams including regulatory, R&D, quality, marketing and manufacturing departments.
- Initiate communications regarding software development status and issues where decisions need to be made in team forums and meetings.
- Perform work in adherence to the Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT) Quality Management System (QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation
- Develops SW solutions for products to meet requirements regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by product management.
- Participates in selection of vendors and fabrication sources to assure quality and compliance to released specifications
- Committed to fostering and driving an environment and work output based on continuous improvement
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience developing Windows applications in a regulated industry (Medical, Automotive, Aerospace, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience programming in .NET languages (C# preferred)
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
- Understanding of the Microsoft .NET development environment.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Understanding of cybersecurity and encryption techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Strong initiative and passion about new technologies with high energy
- Knowledge of the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Working knowledge of clinical radiology terminology.
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time