BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
**To be considered an applicant must reside in the Mexico**
What you’ll do
- Build frontend pattern and component libraries that power our marketing websites
- Write code that is performant, testable, and concise
- Participate in and help lead technical discussions with other engineers on your team to understand and address new challenges
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and design to define project requirements and timelines
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Help mentor and guide other engineers on the team
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and champion an environment of continuous improvement
Who you are
- Experience with React.js, Angular.js, Next.js, GraphQL, and PHP is a plus
- Experience with Content Management Systems, large / high traffic websites, SEO, and accessibility is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Cloud Computing highly desirable
- Proven UNIX knowledge
- You have experience with version control, preferably with Git
- You have a passion for front end development, with a focus on responsive designs
- You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools. You’re most interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results
- You think iteratively and can help break solutions down into smaller, deliverable pieces
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny. You are willing to poke fun at your manager when they can’t spell
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring manager screen
- Take Home Project
- Online code assessment/project review
- Final Stage / Technical Interview, and Team Cultural
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.