Software Engineer (II), Provider Access Software - Web Application at Teladoc Health
Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We seek motivated developers that want to make a difference in people’s lives. Your primary focus will be developing audio/video applications for telehealth. These are React based applications that utilize other services and apps through HTTP requests, WebSockets, and WebRTC. You will ensure that these application and modules are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with teammates working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving is a must. We strive to leverage the latest frontend technologies and stay abreast with industry best practices.How we Work
- We implement a flavor of Scrum and work on a 2-week sprint cadence
- Our Scrum workflow includes daily stand-up meeting, backlog grooming, and sprint planning meetings.
- We use trunk-based development with continuous integration
- React + Redux + Socket.io + TypeScript SPAs
- Write unit test using Jest along with React Testing Library for testing React components
- Docker, Jenkins, AWS, GitHub, and Slack
- Understand general software engineering best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Has worked with GitHub
- Understands Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Typically requires up to 2-5 years of experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- English-language written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of various types of build tools available (Webpack, Parcel, Rollup)
- Ability to work well with others
- React (Required)
- Redux (Required)
- TypeScript (Required)
- HTML and CSS (Required)
- NPM or Yarn (Required)
- Jest, Mocha or Jasmine (Desired)
- Webpack and Babel (Desired)
- WebRTC (Desired)
- PHP (Desired)
- Docker, Jenkins, AWS, GitHub (Desired)
- Contribute to the design and development of new features, products, and utilities for the Provider Access Software web application.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries using React
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Support, maintain, document, and write unit tests
- Support, maintain, document, and write automated tests
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions
- Participate and conduct design reviews
- Work under the technical lead’s general supervision on complex technical projects
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.